?

Dec 18, 2008

INSPIRATIONAL MESSAGES for CHRISTMAS

I had promised my visitors a series of inspirational messages for Christmas and I have to apologize that family illness has kept me from fulfilling my promise for a few days. However, every occurrence in our lives can have great meaning if you just take the time to look for it. My recent time spent worrying in the waiting room of the local hospital gave me some time for observation and introspection that I would otherwise probably not have had.


The Christmas season is one of the most recognized holidays in the world today. It has the power to transcend both language and cultural barriers and in some instances; religious beliefs. People love to take advantage of this time when even people at war with each other can lay down their weapons and come together in peace. It can also provide a time for personal reflection.


So many people are in search of inspirational messages for Christmas. I’m not sure if they are searching for themselves or if they simply want something to read aloud to their loved ones before sitting down to a celebratory meal. Either is a worthy cause in my book as anytime is a good time to initiate spiritual family rituals that maintain the connection to ideals that are both divine and sacred.


I’d like to share with you a funny Christmas quote about what it’s like not to be a child at Christmas. It’s one that I remember from Erma Bombeck’s writings from a while back:


There's nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child.



That is certainly a negative about not being a kid, but here’s an
inspirational message
for Christmas that reminds us that even if we are old, that we should be childlike in our faith:

LET US KEEP CHRISTMAS



Whatever else be lost among the years,
Let us keep Christmas still a shining thing;
Whatever doubts assail us, or what fears,
Let us hold close one day, remembering
It's poignant meaning for the hearts of men.
Let us get back our childlike faith again.



With those inspirational words of wisdom, Grace Noll Crowell reminds us that Christmas can be a time of rebirth. A time when we can regain our faith in ourselves and mankind.

Return to Motivational Inspirational Message for Christmas, Posters Poems and Quotes to find more words that bring meaning to the holidays.

0 comments: